Availability: 3 in stock Delivery 2 - 3 working days
Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition provides a full-featured development environment for Windows and Web developers. It offers productivity enhancements for building data-driven client and Web applications. Individual developers looking to create connected applications with next-generation user experiences will find Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition a perfect fit.
Today's developers face the challenge of targeting a broad range of platforms and crafting applications that quickly deliver value to the business. Integrated designers and language features in Visual Studio allow developers to build the connected applications demanded by today's businesses while taking advantage of the .NET Framework 3.5 to reduce development time.
- Design high-performance applications - Create and deploy compelling Windows and Web applications using new visual designers and more than 50 new controls.
- Unleash the power of your data - Connect to the data you need, regardless of its location, and build data driven applications using the Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
- Deliver a great design experience - Provide a better user experience for graphic designers by employing new design surfaces and file formats that are compatible with Microsoft Expression.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2008:
- Build applications that utilize the latest Web technologies with improved support for AJAX and Web Controls and the Microsoft AJAX Library
- Create Web applications more easily with an improved design surface and standards support
- Utilize data from any data source more smoothly with LINQ, a set of language extensions to Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Manage and build applications that target multiple versions of the .NET Framework. For the first time, you can use one tool to work on applications that run on .NET Framework versions 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5
- Ensure application correctness more easily with integrated unit testing in Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Discover the full power of the .NET Framework 3.5 with integrated tools which simplify building great user experiences and connected systems
- Build stunning user experiences with integrated designers for Windows Presentation Foundation.Â Experiences built with WPF can interoperate seamlessly with Windows Forms
- Create connected applications using new visual designers for Windows Communications Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation
- Use Visual Studio's professional development environment to build Microsoft Office-based solutions that are reliable, scalable, and easy to maintain (available in Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition only)
- Enhance collaboration between developers and designers to create more compelling user experiences