|Office Groove 2007 is a collaboration software program that helps teams work together more effectively - anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Working in Office Groove 2007 workspaces saves time, increases productivity, and strengthens the quality of team deliverables. Office Groove 2007 is just one example of how the 2007 Microsoft Office system helps teams and organizations collaborate more effectively.
Work Together in Context
Keep your team, tools, files, and information in one place.
Work Effortlessly Anywhere, Online or Offline
- Create an Office Groove 2007 workspace right on your computer with two clicks.
- Invite your colleagues, partners, and customers without worrying about networks or servers.
- Add tools to support your teams evolving needs: file-sharing, discussions, meetings, business forms, and more.
Stay productive in the office, at a customer site, on the road, and from home.
Keep Your Team in Sync
- All Office Groove 2007 workspaces, tools, and information are stored right on your computer.
- Work productively anywhere you have got your laptop, whether you are connected to a network or not.
- No more forgetting to download files before you go offline and waiting to upload changes when you reconnect.
Spend less time coordinating and more time working.
Out-of-the-Box Integration with Other Microsoft Programs
- As you work, Office Groove 2007 listens for your changes and gets them to your team members automatically and efficiently. You do not have to do anything - Office Groove 2007 does it for you.
- Share multimedia presentations and other large files quickly and easily.
- Use presence awareness, alerts, and real-time tools to figure out who is working on what, when, and engage team members at just the right time.
Tap into Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (version 3.0), Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007, and Microsoft Office Communicator to enhance team collaboration.
- Synchronize an Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Windows SharePoint Services V3 document library with Office Groove 2007. Collaborate on files in Office Groove 2007 and publish to Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Windows SharePoint Services V3 when you're done.
- Import your InfoPath forms into Office Groove 2007. Collect and track structured data in your team workspace, and export or synchronize results with enterprise systems.
- Make a phone call or start an instant messaging session from an Office Groove 2007 workspace using the 2005 or 2007 versions of Office Communicator.
System Requirements for Microsoft Office Groove 2007
- Operating system - Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 2 or later or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (or higher) required
- Computer and processor - 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher; 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher; DVD drive; 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 512 MB of RAM or higher is required to run Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
- Hard disk - 2 gigabyte (GB) necessary for install; a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive
- Monitor resolution - Minimum 800x600; 1024x768 or higher recommended
- Internet connection - Broadband connection, 128 kilobits per second (Kbps) or greater, for download and activation of products
- Additional components - Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with service packs, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later required for Outlook 2007 users. To install Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, you will need to first install Outlook 2007
Note The 2007 Microsoft Office suites including Office Basic 2007, Office Home and Student 2007, Office Standard 2007, Office Small Business 2007, Office Professional 2007, Office Ultimate 2007, Office Professional Plus 2007, and Office Enterprise 2007 will have similar requirements. Refer to the Microsoft Office Enterprise Project Management (EPM) Solution and Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Product Guide for details on the system requirements for the EPM Solution which includes Office Project Server 2007, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Project Web Access, Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007, and Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Web Access.