|Office Ultimate 2007 provides tech-savvy people who do work at home and within small businesses with a comprehensive set of office software tools they need to create, manage, and share information across organizational and geographic boundaries. With Office Ultimate 2007, you can collaborate with others regardless of their location, collect and store any type of information in one place, quickly find and manage needed content, and easily share and update critical information.
Office 2007 Ultimate includes the following components:
There are some great new programs that are included in a Microsoft Office suite for the first time, including Office Groove 2007 and Office OneNote 2007. These programs enable workers to share information and collaborate with others regardless of their location. In addition to these programs, four major areas of innovation distinguish the Office Ultimate 2007. These areas of innovation work together to help home computer users and small businesses create, manage, and share information. The innovation areas are:
- Word 2007
- Excel 2007
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager
- PowerPoint 2007
- Access 2007
- Publisher 2007
- OneNote 2007
- Office InfoPath 2007
- Office Groove 2007
- Enterprise Content Manager
- Electronic Forms
- Information Rights Management
- Work from home. Office Ultimate 2007 provides you with the familiar tools you may use at work to efficiently gather, store, and share information.
- Simplify working together. Office Ultimate 2007 can enhance your ability to share information and work more collaboratively. The tools in Office Ultimate 2007 enable you to easily gather, consolidate, find, and share information, regardless of location or organization increasing your efficiency and productivity.
- Get better information insight. Office Ultimate 2007 enables individuals and teams to gather and access critical data easily, and share insights and information with others across geographic or organizational boundaries.
- Create and manage content. Office Ultimate 2007 provides tools for more securely gathering, storing, and sharing previously unstructured information that team members need to be more productive.
Why Upgrade? Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 Top 10 Benefits
Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 provides people at home or work with a comprehensive toolset to gather and consolidate virtually any type of information, which they can easily share with others across geographical or organizational boundaries to deliver better results faster. Here are the top 10 ways Office Ultimate 2007 can help you.
Get better results faster with a new streamlined user interface.
Office Ultimate 2007 has an improved user interface to help you create documents faster, more easily, and more intuitively. Reduce the time and frustration of learning new software with commands that present the right tools when you need them.
Create high-quality documents you can be proud of.
Office Ultimate 2007 has improved picture, charting, and graphics tools to help you produce better-looking documents, spreadsheets, and presentations more quickly. A large library of standard charts, quick formatting tools, and SmartArt diagrams make it easy to include rich and stunning visuals and charts.
Preview your changes quickly.
Office Ultimate 2007 makes it easier to format your Microsoft Office documents with Live Preview. You can quickly preview proposed changes to your document while you are working on it without having to repeatedly search through layers of menus. By test-driving your proposed formatting, you can save time and experiment more easily.
Collaborate easily with colleagues, partners, and customers - with one program.
No more switching tools when you need to work with people outside your organization. With Microsoft Office Groove 2007, you have a rich, security-enhanced collaboration environment in which teams can work together regardless of location or organization. Learn more about Office Groove 2007.
Work effortlessly anywhere - online or offline.
Office Groove 2007 stores all your workspaces, tools, and data right on your computer - there is no need to connect to the corporate network to access information. You stay productive whether you are working in the office, at a customer site, on the road, or from home. Learn more about Office Groove 2007.
Visualize key data trends using conditional formatting.
Office Ultimate 2007 features highly visual conditional formatting in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 with new data bars, more colorful gradients, and icons so you can format data based on specific rules and easily identify key data trends with visual cues. Learn more about Office Excel 2007.
Organize your tasks and communications in one place.
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 features a new To-Do Bar for organizing tasks, appointments and e-mail messages flagged for follow-up. You can also view tasks on the calendar alongside your appointments. Tasks not completed roll over to the next day and accumulate until completed. Learn more about Office Outlook 2007.
Keep your e-mail more secure and reduce electronic junk mail.
Office Ultimate 2007 includes an enhanced junk e-mail filter in Office Outlook 2007 to help reduce electronic spam and protect against potentially harmful attachments. Office Outlook 2007 also includes security enhancements to help prevent phishing, a fraudulent e-mail attempt to trick you into providing financial or personal information. Learn more about Office Outlook 2007.
Manage notes and information in one place.
Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 is a digital notebook that provides a flexible way to gather notes and information, powerful search capabilities so users can find what they are looking for quickly, and easy-to use-shared notebooks for teams to work together more effectively.
Help ensure broader distribution of your documents and presentations.
New support for Portable Document Format (PDF) and XML Paper Specification (XPS) file formats helps ensure broader distribution of your documents with others.1 Convert your files to PDF or XPS for sharing with users on any platform.
1 You can save as a PDF or XPS file from a 2007 Microsoft Office system program only after you install an add-in. For more information, see Install and use a PDF or XPS add-in.
System Requirements for Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate
- Operating system - Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 2 or later or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (or higher) required
- Computer and processor - 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher; 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher; DVD drive; 1 gigahertz (GHz) and 512 MB of RAM or higher is required to run Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
- Hard disk - 2 gigabyte (GB) necessary for install; a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive
- Monitor resolution - Minimum 800x600; 1024x768 or higher recommended
- Internet connection - Broadband connection, 128 kilobits per second (Kbps) or greater, for download and activation of products
- Additional components - Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with service packs, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later required for Outlook 2007 users. To install Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, you will need to first install Outlook 2007
Note: The 2007 Microsoft Office suites including Office Basic 2007, Office Home and Student 2007, Office Standard 2007, Office Small Business 2007, Office Professional 2007, Office Ultimate 2007, Office Professional Plus 2007, and Office Enterprise 2007 will have similar requirements.
Refer to the Microsoft Office Enterprise Project Management (EPM) Solution and Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Product Guide for details on the system requirements for the EPM Solution which includes Office Project Server 2007, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Project Web Access, Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007, and Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Web Access.