FileMaker Pro is the #1-selling easy-to-use database software for Windows and Mac OS that helps you manage people, projects, assets and more – the easy way!
FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced includes all the features of FileMaker Pro 9 plus a suite of advanced development and customization tools to help you design and develop more powerful, more customized database solutions faster and easier than ever before!
- Design and develop databases faster and easier - Customize your database even more by renaming, adding, or deleting menu and toolbar items. Add tooltips to layout objects to make your layouts more intuitive. Even create standalone, runtime applications.
- Debug and troubleshoot more efficiently - FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced includes essential debugging and reporting tools that help you build stable, reliable solutions more efficiently. Its easier than ever to pinpoint problem areas by reviewing scripts step-by-step in the Script Debugger. You can monitor fields, variables, expressions, and even test calculation formulas with the Data Viewer, as well as temporarily disable script steps to test portions of your scripts.
- Modify and maintain with ease - Once you have designed and deployed your database, the FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced database reporting and optimization features will help you update solutions more easily and keep them running at peak performance. Update databases faster by importing multiple tables or by using copy/paste to move fields, tables, scripts, and script steps. Get comprehensive information on database schema and options, like fields, web viewers, layouts, Custom Menus, and more with the Database Design Report. Plus, the FileMaker Maintenance Tools will ensure you are getting maximum performance from your solutions.
- Document your use of the new features - The Database Design Report has been updated to document information on the great new features in FileMaker Pro 9. As an advanced user, you will love connecting to your FileMaker data with the FileMaker Quick Start Screen, Conditional Formatting, Send Link Database Sharing and more. Or create secure easy one-way or two-way connections to External SQL Data Sources. And connect to your creativity with new layout and design tools.
- Build PHP websites - FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced includes a new menu item that launches the PHP Site Assistant feature. It creates a set of PHP web pages for accessing FileMaker data using the new FileMaker PHP Class. You must have FileMaker Server 9 or the FileMaker Server 9 Development License, available free to members of the FileMaker Technical Network, to use this feature.
- Optimized for observation - The FileMaker Data Viewer makes it easy to debug and troubleshoot your database. Use the new Current Tab to view all field and variables used in the currently executing script. And sort the columns of the FileMaker Data Viewer by just clicking on the header.
- Super script surveillance - Pinpointing problem areas and reviewing scripts step-by-step is a piece of cake with the Script Debugger. New enhancements give you more refined control. Place breakpoints on multiple steps at the same time or pause script steps that are about to be executed. Addressing errors is easier than ever because you can view the error result of the last script step and set scripts to automatically pause when a script error occurs, enabling you to go directly to the error definition in the help system.
- Debug login - Administrators can now log in to the Script Debugger and FileMaker Data Viewer and troubleshoot restricted access scripts upon authentication.
- Customize menus and toolbars by renaming, adding, or deleting menu items or replacing entire menus with your own choices for a completely customized solution. When you update a menu the associated toolbar icons, context menus, window options, keyboard shortcuts, and the Mode menus are automatically updated to match.
- Make your layouts more informative by adding tooltips to fields or layout objects. Tooltips are static text or can be based on calculated results. Either way you will provide more insights into your data, and deliver essential information without cluttering your layout.
- Build or modify databases faster by importing multiple tables at once or by using copy/paste to move fields and tables in or across files.
- Pinpoint problem areas as you step through scripts in a Script Debugger. You can even temporarily disable scripts to test portions of a script.
- Keep an eye on current field values, variables, or expressions with the Data Viewer. Debug scripts and test calculation formulas without modifying your underlying database schema.
- Create standalone runtime solutions that do not require the FileMaker Pro application to be installed.
- Create a kiosk-based application where all menus are hidden great for event registrations, surveys, and collecting names for mailing lists.
- Build more robust calculations and extend database capabilities with Custom Functions and the External Function Plug-in API.
- Generate a report that provides comprehensive information on your database schema and options, like fields, tables, Custom Menus, FileMaker Web Viewers, and more with the Database Design Report. Its invaluable as a troubleshooting tool by locating missing fields, broken relationships, problem calculations, and more.
- Use the file maintenance tools to maximize database performance and to compact and recover unused space for faster access
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.